What I won't be doing is:
- Getting dressed up (to be honest I am already in my PJs and it's only 3:30pm).
- Wearing any type of high heel.
- Leaving the house.
- Standing outside in any line.
- Freezing my butt off in the snow.
- Watching the clock strike midnight.
- Watching Dick Clark (is he still alive?)
- Waking up tomorrow with a massive hangover.
What I will be doing is the exact same thing I have done almost every year for the past decade:
- Snuggle up with my little man in our PJs.
- Have a New Year's toast (his sippy and mom's champagne) at about 7:30pm.
- Have a nice relaxing dinner with my hubby (spicy shrimp and white bean stew, asparagus, and arugula salad.)
- Watch something that we have been saving on the DVR (this year it will likely be a 30 Rock marathon)
- Drink one too many glasses of champagne.
- Be in bed by 10 at the latest.
- Wake up tomorrow sans hangover and hit up a 12:00 yoga class with my favorite yoga instructor.
For me this is the perfect New Year's Eve! Whatever your plans are I hope all of you have a happy and SAFE evening! For those of you who are going to be out hitting the town, I salute you. Please have a drink for me!
See you all in 2010... I have a feeling this is going to be one great decade!