I'm not referring to the devastating loss for Martha Coakley last night (that I have shed more than my share of tears over.) Rather right now I am I trying not to think about the fact that tomorrow morning I will be leaving my little man for our dream vacation for 11 days. Gulp. Vacation = Awesome. 11 days without the LM = Not Awesome.
I will not think about:
- the 11 "Good Morning Mama, I'm Awake!" calls I'll be missing.
- the 10 night spent rocking and singing to my little guy while we recap our day.
- the 15 kisses a day that my lips will be without.
- the 200+ new words that he will know and use by the time I return.
- the way he smells like honey when he gets out of the bath.
- the 300+ smiles a day that I my eyes won't be able to see (that's about 3000 smiles) Gulp.
- that sweet little voice screaming "I did it!!!!!" when he learns something new.
- the sound of the little pitter patter as he runs about 15 miles around my living room (*daily.)
I will not think about any of this, and I will not cry. Today at least. Nope, today I am going to enjoy almost every second I have with my little boy and I am going to keep re-reading this post from our trip last year where I wrote about how amazing our last trip was and how crazy I was to ever doubt not going. I have followed my own checklist and I keep reminding myself that this is going to be great for both of us. I'm sure by the time I hit the beach (after 36+ hours of travel) my tears surely will have dried up.
10 days without my little man may be doable, but 10 days without blogging? We all know that's not going to happen! I've been assured my 20 acre South Pacific island has internet so I'll be putting that signal to the test. I may not be here as often, but I will definitely be here with updates from our travels.
I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not cry. Oh, Fiji here we come.