Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Genius.

When we purchased our condo, almost 5 years ago, it was very much in the pre-construction phase. At the time we had no idea what we were doing when it came to picking out paint/ tile/ fixtures and we were definitely unsure of how our style would morph into our home. Mind you, this was long before blogs were popular and the dawn of Pinterest, so the only idea of "style" that we knew of came from a Potterybarn catalog. I knew from the get go, that this would not be our forever home, and when it came down to choices, a lot of mine were based on the nagging "re-sale, re-sale" voice in my head. In the end, I stand by a number of choices (although I would give anything for a light/ white kitchen) but with the addition of furnishings, and some paint and accessories we ended up doing pretty good with our place, considering how little we knew about home design.

 I say pretty good because from the minute we moved in, up until now, I know we made one very... very... bad choice. We are lucky enough to have three bathrooms, in our home, and two of the three are great (or will be once I put up this wallpaper in one,) The third? Well, lets just say it is not in any way my style, and it looks a bit like a rip off of every track home/ tuscan style/ tiled bathroom in every development in America EXCEPT for the fact that ours has a terrible pice of marble that is slightly more peach than brown because I was too busy one day to go an look at the slab myself (Note: ALWAYS LOOK AT THE SLAB IN PERSON.)  In short, I hate all of it. It drives me nuts daily, but really it's "fine" and it acts as the extra, extra bath so we are never going to do anything about it. I've considered painting, but whatever color would go, would have to be some kind of earth tone, and in the end I think that would just make the whole thing look worse, if not more intentional. Wallpaper would be another way to go, but the last thing I want to do is spend more $$$$ on a room I don't really like, and again, it's not used that much so what's the point?

I had given up.

AND then I saw this. 


Freaking GENIUS!

Gold bumble bee STAMPS. Not only would the gold modern up the traditional feel of the tile, but it would also add just the right amount of whimsy to the room, FOR LESS THAN 15 dollars. I ordered the little guy last night, and let me tell you, that stamp cannot get here fast enough!!! Sure, I know measuring and placement is going to be a total pain... but the end result is just going to be so great, and I'm totally up for the challenge. 

Stamps as wallpaper? As Martha Stewart would say, "it's a good thing1"

Now, go get your craft on!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out! That pic is fierce.. and since its pretty spread apart, you should be fine with spacing it out :)

Kriss said...

I can't wait to see the before and after pics! I think bees are so classic! I love to see your pinterest pins!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails