Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It All Started With A Sofa...

 You all know that story If You Give Mouse a Cookie? Well, for the past 24 hours, I have started my own novel... If You Give a Woman a Navy Velvet Sofa.

Basically, the quote came back on the sofa and it was way LESS than I expected. My husband "sort of" likes the idea, which means it is totally going to happen.

OH MY GOD!


Then, I saw this picture over at EOS yesterday, and fell madly in love with that pillow.


Minutes later I found these fabrics at a deep discount.
















One will be used to make a pillow just like the one on the Greenwich sofa (die) and the other will be used to recover the seats on our kitchen chairs.

I'm not sure which is which at this point.

THEN, I got to thinking. We are going to have this banging living room, but the kitchen, which is open and visible from every angle of our living room, is still so boring. B.O.R.I.N.G.

THEN IT HIT ME.

All we need is a tile back splash. 

SO EASY and fairly inexpensive, and it will make me love my kitchen WAY better than the white kitchen of my dreams (for this house anyway.)

My all knowing father turned me on to Ann Sacks tile, and boom, bang, bam I have fallen in love with this.




Now, our kitchen is going to have that LA(esq) eclectic vibe that I always have dreamed of, AND it's actually super functional.

Done and Done.

SO, the only problem was that there was so much crap on our counter that I could hardly see the area to tile, let alone to even think about measuring. 

Well, one 3 hour nap from Gray later... problem solved! (hence the lack of posting yesterday) and I kid you not, I was able to convince my sister that we were moving our kitchen was so bare!


Now that is what I call a clean counter! (I wish I had a before and after picture, but believe me when I tell you that there was so much clutter above and below, you wouldn't believe this is the same space!)

Add in the recently purchased Hicks pendants over the bar, and I could barely sleep last night with the excitement of how great our home is going to look. (I'm not kidding.)

Best part? None of this is really that expensive, and we are just reusing a lot of what we already have, AND the tile is just going to increase the value of our home enough to cover the cost!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Home decor is like crack. I WANT MORE!

Whew. Must switch to decaf ;)

Will post pictures of progress!

1 comment:

Leather Sofas Online said...

That yellow fabric is is a good choice considering you found it out with discounts. Thanks for sharing your design ideas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails