Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Velvet Crush.

 If you read my blog regularly, then you know that I dream in navy. I swear to you that I am not joking when I say this. There isn't one thing that I have ever seen in my entire life, that I haven't said, "this would look so much better if it was in navy." I may have an addiction. For reals.

That being said, here are my thoughts on my sofa. We have a super traditional, microfiber, bland, everyone has one sectional sofa. Well, there is a reason everyone has one. It's comfortable, stain resistant, resilient, and it can easily be cleaned. Meaning, if you have kids, this is your joint. The problem is that I hate our sofa. I have always hated it. Not the size/ shape, but rather the color. I mean, there is only so much that one can do with tan/ dirt/ beige/ blah. So, for the past few years I have been hounding my husband for another. Given that we have young kids, this isn't going to happen for a long time, and really what's the point of spending $$$$ for something that is just going to get jumped on, spilled on, god knows what else on. I get it. I had moved on.

Then I had a dream... and since I dream in navy (told you) I thought that we "may" save some dough, and fulfill my wildest fantasies if we just recovered our sofa in... wait for it... NAVY VELVET.

 Yes! Yes! Yes!

Don't you think this is such a good idea? The only thing is, of course, the price. I'm waiting on an estimate which if it's too high, then there really is no point, AND my girlfriend told me that velvet spots like a mo fo, so I'd have to get some sort of poly blend... but if it all worked out, how FREAKING awesome would it be to have a navy velvet sectional. Seriously, who am I? Jim Morrison?

After seeing these pictures this is all I want for the next 20 birthdays and Christmases.











Can you even imagine? 

Please let the quote be little, please let the quote be little...

... to be continued.




3 comments:

Kriss said...

I have a tufted navy velvet blue wingback chair. While beautiful its a dust magnet!!! Dust settles in the tufting and Im constantly brushing it and vacuuming it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Lol

Laura C said...

Navy is my go to as well, and I completely covet the blue tufted sectional you posted from Peppermint Bliss. Beyond gorgeous! And velvet just sounds so cozy!

Misty said...

Gorgeous!

My go to is Grey... Passionately, obsessively grey. BUT- one thing I'll say- that tufted sectional made my heart skip a beat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails