No Casegoods But a Whole Lot of Love.

Friday, September 10, 2010

I had a amazing time at Brimfield yesterday, but I am sad to report that this time I came home empty handed. There were still quite a bit of goodies (aka crap) left, but since I was on a mission to find three very important things, and only those three things, I had such a narrow vision of the market that I probably wouldn't have seen something else even if I had wanted to. On my list was a white antique sideboard (more 60's era than beachy,) a red ceramic vase, and turquoise foo dogs. I left 0 for 3, but as expected my stomach was filled with some delicious fried dough topped with mounds of powdered sugar, so really, who was I to complain? I had a great time walking the market with my best friend who is currently 5 months pregnant with her third beautiful baby (let me tell you if there was ever a picture of a Yummy Mummy, inside and out, this girl would be the mascot) and I left feeling rejuvenated and excited about what the future hold for our little family.

Walking in the fresh country air (without a toddler in tow) gave me a lot of time to think about the decision that we have to make regarding whether or not we should proceed with the IVF cycle next. The answer that is in my head now is, yes, yes we should absolutely do everything we can to try to add another member to our already happy family. I don't know why, but now I no longer have any doubt, and I truly feel like we are making the right decision to at least try again. As I was talking with my girlfriend things just started to clear up in my mind, and I know that we are more than ready for this challenge. Unlike last time, this go-round, after everything we have been through, I am much more at peace with the whole process. I don't have any unreasonable expectations, and I now feel that even if it doesn't work these next few tries, we are, and will continue to be a family, a whole family.

I know I didn't get to this place on my own. I have each and everyone of you who commented, emailed, and shared your thoughts and stories with me to thank. I can't tell you how much it means to me to hear the stories of how each of your families came about, and knowing that we are not the only ones who struggle with these decisions, and choices has made me feel less alone, and a lot more confident that any decision that we make, now or in the future, will be the right one for our family. You have all made me feel so loved, and supported, and I am once again so grateful for the opportunity to share my life with you, as openly as possible, because what it brings back to me is invaluable. So, thank you dear readers and friends, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for everything.

We have a few weeks before the madness begins, so I'll be back here writing as usual and of course I will keep you posted as soon we begin the process of making another little one.

As the wise Chris Martin once said (sang), "Nobody said it was easy...."

Again thank you all.

No comments :