The Daddy Lottery.

Sunday, June 19, 2011


When you first start dating someone, you never really know what kind of father they will turn out to be. There are the guys who claim they are "family men" talking about the huge family that they want to have in the future, and then there are the guys who have never held a baby, don't know anything babies, and aren't even sure if they really want kids. My husband fell into the latter category. Even after I was pregnant with the LM, I have to admit I was a bit nervous. I became convinced that I was going to have to do everything to care for our son. My man had no interest in baby classes, baby gear, learning to change a diaper, and while holding our friends new baby for the first time he had a look of fear in his eyes that I will never forget. Well, of course all of my concerns immediately vanished the second our little nerd entered the world.


From the minute he saw our boy, I could tell he was in love, and from that second on I knew that I had nothing to worry about, I had won the Daddy lottery. Over the past four year my scared, unsure, nervous husband has grown into the most amazing father that I have ever known. His patience knows no bounds and his love for our boy is endless. Whether he is spending hours reading to him, picking up sticks, or swimming with him in oceans around the world, he continues to impress and amaze me with how loving and caring one man can be.


We are so lucky to have you as our "Papi" and we love you more and more each day! Thank you for being the best husband and father a girl could ever dream of.

No comments :