Currently Loving.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Here are a few of the thing that I'm currently loving...

Mornings with my boys. Remember back when I was worried that by having baby number two, there would no longer be time for cuddles with my Little Man. File that under WRONG. Every morning this week, Gray as awoken at 7, the LM at 7:15, and after a quick feed we do this until 8 am. The other day my hubby was able to go in late and get in on some of the action. I can't think of a better way to start the day.

These candles from 5th & Madison. A few weeks back, while the boys were out of town, my sis and I went to my pre-baby favorite event, Sundays at SOWA. We picked up a few of these candles, and while I refuse to light them (my Dad had beat into me that candles are a serious fire hazard) I love that just by taking the lid off, they make my room smell delicious. They are locally made, by a man and his blender. You've got to love that! P.S. Ingenue is my favorite.



This pillow. Few things get me as excited as walking into the Jonathan Adler store. I seriously want everything, and am always day-dreaming about a home filled with his wares. The $$$$ price tags make this an impossibility, but when I saw this pillow, I knew it had to be in my room. I'm not sure what I love more, the Ikat pattern, the orange velvet, or the pop of fuchsia thrown in just for fun. I think this is my absolute favorite thing that I own. Massive heartsies.


This pea pesto recipe from Smitten Kitchen. When my husband asks what's for dinner, 4 times out of 5, this is the answer. I loooooooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee this recipe. I use bow tie pasta instead of linguine, and always make a double batch. It is so good on bread, as a dip for the little man, or even straight out of the jar (who me? I would never do that ;)) You have to try it. Seriously, it's that good!



In one hour my parents are arriving!!!! It's been four years, and they've never been to our new pad, not to mention met baby Gray. The little man and I are so happy we are bouncing off the walls! I can't wait to show them all around, take advantage of their babysitting and NAP, and experience my Dad's cooking (it's off the hook.) Tonight, though, I'm in charge of dinner... can you guess what they are having??????? (Whoever, answered pea pesto is the winner!)

Decoding my baby. I don't know what happened but somehow combining the swaddle (which the baby hated) + the swing (which he also hated) = two, two-three  hour naps a day. No, they aren't necessarily when the LM is down for 1 1/2 hours, but man, that baby is sooooooo much happier and is actually sleeping much better at night (only up at 1 and 4.) I know these things can change on the drop of a dime, but for now I'm loving this new equation!!!!

So there you have it, the things I'm currently loving!

 I wish you all a SUNNY weekend.

No comments :