Pattern Mixing

Thursday, August 27, 2015


When it comes to pattern, whether it's clothing or interiors, I just cannot get enough of a good print. My favorite way to wear any pattern is to place it over another pattern. It sometimes can seem a little counter intuitive, as in "is this too much?" But, for me, the answer will always be that there is no such thing. I consider wardrobe staples like bateau stripes and leopard print to be neutrals (cue the famous line by the one and only Jenna) and I will often layer both with a bold print, shown here with my trusty palm leaf blazer.

The key to mixing prints is keeping the rest of your look as basic as possible. Here I paired multiple patterns with my summer staples, white jeans and leather sandals. Topped off with a little gold jewelry, I can't think of a better outfit for a warm summer night. The overall look is fun, bold, and perfectly put together.



Blazer (old, similar here, here, here) // Striped Shirt // Jeans // Clutch // Lipstick (color carthage) // Sandals (old, similar here) // Rings (sold out, similar here) // Sunglasses

Photos by Jaimie Baird Photography (Instagram @jaimiebaird) for Robin M. Anderson

1 comment :

Janet said...

I love this look! very chic and fun