Pregnancy Update.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I realize I've been a bit quiet about my pregnancy on the blog, which must seem kind of weird considering all of the talk regarding the making of baby #2. It's definitely not for lack of excitement, but rather, I think I've still been a little afraid that if I talk to much about it, I might jinx myself and that this baby may just disappear. While I'm not quite out of the woods yet, I did have my 12 week checkup today, and honestly, much to my surprise, not only was there an incredibly strong heartbeat, but also a few giant kicks to boot. My doc said at this point the risk of miscarriage is really low, and that I should finally take a deep breath, and believe that we are having this baby. After 8 long weeks I think I am finally ready to say that come July 17th, we are going to be a family of four!

File that under words I never thought I would say.

Now that I am moving closer to my second trimester, I promise you that there will be a lot more chatter about all things baby on here. Once we find out the sex, in 6 weeks, there are more than a few projects I am planning to take on, and I may be looking to you fabulous readers for some advice, and of course your opinions.

Over the past few weeks a lot of you have facebooked me asking how I was doing and feeling, and the short answer is pretty great, which is mostly what has made me so nervous these past few months. I have had little to no morning sickness, which is opposite how I was with the LM, and short of a downturn last week, which my Dr. thinks might have been the stomach flu, I am feeling and eating pretty normal (ish.) I know everyone says each pregnancy is different, but I am actually a bit surprised at how true that it. Other than being exhausted 24/7, I have no other similar symptoms. I want completely different things, with the LM it was sweets, and with this baby I am all about the salt. With the LM my skin was glowing, and with this one, not so much (thank you baby for breaking out my face like a 16 year old girl.) My stomach seems to be keeping pace with my ass and breasts, but all are growing at such a fast pace I am "officially" in my fat lady pants. I haven't been that emotional, but I definitely have been snuggling up to my little man a bit more. I am convinced I am having a girl, but my husband is pretty sure it's a boy. Well, at least one of us has to be right!

It really hit me the other day that soon it isn't going to be just the three of us anymore, I can't explain it but it just really makes me miss my little guy, even though he always is sitting right by me. Lately, I am constantly smelling his hair, kissing on him, and making sure he knows he's still my baby (to which he always replies,"but I'm a big boy now, the baby is in your belly,")  and surprisingly, he has been more excited about the baby than all of us. He likes to tell people that he has two babies in his belly (not quite sure where he got that from) and he is always telling me how he is going to help me feed and dress the baby, change it's diapers, and he said even when it's little and cries a lot the baby can still watch him play. I can already tell he is going to be a great big brother. (Okay, now I'm a little emotional.)

So, there you have it. That is the quick and dirty on baby number two. I really can't wait to hit the 14 week mark, and soon start preparing for the little one's arrival. It's hard to believe that in a few months, another, (and the last,) of us will be coming home. I can already tell that we should be reveling in our fairly quiet party of three.

Again, I can't thank you all enough for checking in on me, and for all of your amazing well wishes. I am finally believing that I am pregnant, and it means the world to me that you believed it all along.

(Photo Credit: From Here.)

6 comments :

EWakefield said...

They say when you carry a girl your looks and body totally change. Couldn't be more true. Pregnant with my son, just a little basketball under my shirt and I was glowing and totally had a great pregnancy. With my daughter, she totally stole my looks and my body for 40 weeks. ....I'm just sayin'...you might be on to something. Pink might be in your future.

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! We are so totally effing excited that you are going to have another bayyyyybeeeeeee!

Me said...

If you think you're having a girl, I would trust that instinct WAAAAYYYY over your husband's. PLUS you are breaking out... Extra hormones from carrying both your own and the new baby's.

That is my theory. I am sticking to it. You should start to "Think Pink."

Julie Q said...

oh its def going to be a girl!! she's stealing your beauty! hahaha just kidding, that is not possible :) glad you're feeling good!

Polly said...

I felt the same with Ollie, when Flynn was on the way. But trust me, its wonderful.

Fiona Erlandsen said...

The realisation and feeling that you are already starting to miss your little man I hope for your sake is a positive sign. After having my twin girls, I used to sit everynight and read my darling 2.5 year old son a bedtime sorry sobbing and snotting everywhere because there just was no more time for him. It rocked me and took a long time to get my head round. Glad it's come up for you now, so you've got time to cuddle...xx Fiona