Monday Funday.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Here is a random sampling of the day.

Over the weekend my husband and I decided to cave in and let the LM watch the new Transformers movie. He doesn't get really scared of things, but he is kind of obsessed with "shooters" (guns) so I was on the fence about this one. I read about it online and saw that there isn't really much violence, and since it's machine fighting machine (no blood) I figured I would give in.

First thing he does this morning when we walk into school? Go right up to both his teachers and say, "Guess what? My Daddy let me watch the Transformers movie yesterday. It was awesome. There were bad guys, and shooters, and it was for big kids!!!!! I'm not scared, I'm brave." Is it wrong that I was slightly relieved that he said "my daddy let me?"

Note to self: Teach the LM "things that happen at home, stay at home." It's like Vegas.

Yep, now I'm really looking forward to parent/ teacher conferences.

Then we went to the store this afternoon. We were looking for these sucky nose things that I'm obsessed with, for my girlfriends. They can clear up an infant's nose like no one's business, and I kind of think it's fun having a little tug of war with the boogers. (In other news, I need to get out more.) Anyway, when I asked the lady if they had any, she said they were out. A little voice peeped up from inside the cart, saying "you should just order them online." "Whhhhhaaaatttt?" I replied. "What is online?" The LM said, "you know, from the compputedor." Holy 21st century 4 year old! (By the way, I came home and ordered them online.)


Oh, and speaking of ordering things online... I have two words for you all... New Coldplay. It's awesome. It's out. I will listen to nothing else for the next 3 months. They better tour. They better come to Boston. I better be there. Chris, if you are reading this... I love you.

Now the LM and I are feeling very Martha Stewart(ish) err Betty Crocker(ish) and are making a Homemade Veggie Lasagna, and Pumpkin Pie. I don't think the house has smelled this good since last Fall! What is it about cold weather that just makes you want to cook???? Let's hope my hubby doesn't clue in and move my ass to North Dakota!!!

Hope you all had a great Monday!

No comments :