Weekend Links.

Friday, May 23, 2014

the LM and I at his Kindergarten play last week

Happy Friday! I cannot believe it is already Memorial Day weekend! What the what!!! Around here you wouldn't know it because its cold and rainy (per the usual) but we are promised some sun shortly, and I plan on holding someone accountable if it doesn't pan out. Who? I'm not sure, but c'mon, it's almost June, can't we get a break? Besides complaining about the weather (man, I really am getting old) we have a low key weekend with the kiddos planned. Tonight we are heading to a play date at a friend's house, and tomorrow, I'm taking the LM and his buddy skating and then we are having dinner at my new favorite place in town. Sunday, the boys and I are going to a sibling class at their favorite play center and I'm hoping it will be warm enough for the beach on Monday, but after shivering one too many times, I'm not counting on anything until the day of!

I hope whatever your plans are, that you have a wonderful, long weekend! Here are a few fun links from around the web to get this party started!

Should you rent or buy? The answer isn't so obvious in some parts of the country.

The best new Instagram account. By the way, I always eat what I post!!!

I'm obsessed with these shoes, thanks to this post by Garance. A special thanks to my SIL for the tip!

What you learn in your 40's. This actually makes me want to get older, faster!

Woah! Paris went an got itself a pool. Can we all be beamed there right now?

Okay, so I would NEVER spend this kind of money for a pair of Birkenstocks, but I have to admit these sure are pretty.

Because one can never have too much clean air, or plants!!!

THIS!!! Is happening at our house Sunday night. A perfect reason to survive the weekend.

I am absolutely not allowed to buy another pair of jeans as long as I live, but for those of you who are, these are about as good as it gets... and they are on sale!

I'm not a fan of the furnishings, but I absolutely love EVERYTHING else about this kitchen renovation. Wait until you see the before! Not only are there touches of black everywhere, but the white and wood combo is sooooo good. Standing ovation for these guys.

The perfect formula for weekend Spring/ Memorial Day dressing. Denim cutoffs + a striped T + a blazer + sunglasses. It's that easy! (second pic from top)

How cute is this shower? I absolutely love the fruit stamps!!

For the long weekend, 24 mind blowing documentaries to watch on Netflix. (This article links to the fist 12)

The future of blogging? I think about this daily, especially when it comes to my own blog. Do you write what people want? What you want? Is there even room outside the mold? All things to ponder.

Boston now has its own mini Legoland! I'm pretty sure we will be spending every weekend here, for the next 5 years!

Finally, for the three of you out there who 1) care, and 2) don't know this, Season 3 of Scandal is now on Netflix. I actually yelped outloud with glee when my sister texted me this. 

No comments :