8 Fun Pieces To "Spring" Up Your Wardrobe.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013


 Okay, by now we've all seen Gwyneth's latest Spring fashion pull, and while I would love to own almost anything she featured, these shoes especially, I don't happen to have an extra $500,000 dollars lying around, and honestly I can't imagine that there are more than a handful of people who are willing to shell out that kind of dough on one season of clothes. Dare I say, she's gone a little crazy? 

That being said, a new season, with the promise of warmer temperatures always inspires the desire for some new pieces in your wardrobe, and if you aren't crazy like me, here are a few more (much more) budget friendly options that area fun way to "Spring" up your wardrobe.

Here are my 8 picks for the season.

My number one pick for this spring is an easy one. I honestly cannot get enough of a good shirt dress, and this one in chambray totally fits the bill. You can wear this with sandals, flats, wedges... you name it. Me = want.

source

This year I'm also loving patterned chinos. Denim can feel a bit heavy in the warmer months, and these skinny chinos from Gap are great! (Side note: The key to wearing a cropped pant is to make sure it hits right above the ankle bone, I think these on the model are to short. You want to keep them from looking like capris, which pretty much make anyone look shorter. This is a cheap and easy fix at the tailor, and one that too many people skip!)

source

 What can you say about these adorable cap toe flats, except "do they come in my size." Comfortable, versatile, totally on trend. I love everything about them!

source

My absolute favorite thing that I own is a denim jacket that I got from the Gap years ago and every year I wear it pretty much every day, until the temperature reaches 90 degrees. I think this is a staple item for your closet, and this Madewell version is pretty much perfection.

source

Statement necklaces are here to stay, which makes me very, very, very happy! This affordable piece would look just as great with jeans and a white T, as it would with a LBD.

source

Talk about the perfect spring dress! I love the ease of this little striped dress, with the tucked in waist. I prefer it without the belt, but would absolutely love to wear it with those glasses! 

source
 People can't get enough of J. Crew's pencil skirts, and that is because they are "magically" universally flattering. I love this bright color, and would absolutely wear this all season long with a chambray shirt and heels, or dress it up with a great navy blazer!

source

I absolutely love this clutch! Such a great knock off of the famed Claie Vivier version, for a great price.  

source

There you have it. My Spring edit! Is there anything I left out? What are you all craving this season?


2 comments :

Marie said...

Love these dresses! Such simple and casual outfits, perfect for a simple lunch date. :)

Marie said...

Love the spring dress! Perfect for a simple and casual lunch date. :)