Currently.

Monday, June 24, 2013

 Well, we made it. At one point on Friday, after 2 hours of being stuck in a stand still traffic jam... in the middle of nowhere, I turned to my husband and said, "what the hell are we thinking, doing this every year?" Soon after the removal of a semi from the two lane highway, and an icy beer from the cooler (before breakfast I might add)  I again began to remember why we love this country so much. The next day when we hit the beach, with only my family in sight, I was reminded of why we have to do this every year. The gift of being away, with just the ones you love, is priceless, and even though we've had our share of toddler meltdowns, thunderstorms, and even earthquakes (a rare ((and scary)) occurrence in these parts) I can say with absolute certainty that there isn't anywhere in the world I'd rather be right now. 

Here are a few pictures from our first few days in paradise. 








Life is good. xoxo

P.S. The Internet has been spotty at best, so please don't get too mad at me if I'm not able to get back here as much as I'd like. :)

2 comments :

Valerie said...

Wow! Look at LM on a surf board! Forgive me if you've said this before, but how old was he when he started? I've never surfed before, but thought about taking lessons with my daughter. I'm not sure my son is anywhere near old enough, but I can't wait til he is! Have a great time! Make sure you take lots more pictures to share!

Robin M Anderson said...

Hi Val!

He started around 4, but that was pretty much in the white wash. He was always a strong skater and swimmer, so it came pretty naturally. We are always right there in case he gets caught under. I say absolutely try it! Once you get hooked you will want to do it all the time, and usually one lesson is all it takes to be able to stand up in the inside!

Thanks for the well wishes :) more pics coming!!!

xx