The Shoe For Spring/ Summer.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I have a current shoe obsession, and what it is might surprise you...

 I'm trying to get a jump on packing for the kids and I for our upcoming trip to NYC, and I was a little surprised when after considering all my shoe options (of which I'm embarrassed to say there are many) I decided to pack only my oldest, and still whitest pair of Chuck Taylors, (thanks to some bleach) and my current favorite pair of vans as my only footwear options for four days. Sure, I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time hoofing it around the city with the kids, but as far as style goes, I feel like the classic sneakers are again having their moment, and in a world of espadrilles, sandals, wedges, flip flops, ballet flats, oxfords, etc, etc, right now I'm pretty sure that is nothing more chic than your trusty pair of kicks. This, of course, is a very good thing, considering we all pretty much have a pair (or two) hanging out in the back of our closet. 

Now, pairing these sneakers with shorts and jeans is easy... but I'm also loving them with dresses and a classic pair of trousers. I pinned these two images recently, and I find myself draw back to them, again and again. As far as I'm concerned, Spring/ Summer dressing doesn't get any better (or easier) than this. 



Here are some great options for "borrowing
these looks! (click image to enlarge)

1/2/3/4/5/6/7


1/2/3/4/5/6/7

No comments :