Do or Don't: The One-Piece.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

 When we were down in Costa, I had a lot of time to think about bathing suits. Given that we were there for 4 weeks, we saw about 4 different turnovers of visitors, which led to quite a bit of discussion about the do's and don'ts of bathing suits. Some are just so bad, and some are so so good, and the rest fall somewhere in-between. 

This year, I was surprised to see so many young girls, with killer bodies, rocking the one-piece. This was something that I used to think was reserved for the older (me) women, and those post-pregnancy (me, again). Never did I consider in my youth wearing a one-piece, and after seeing great suit after great suit, I am left to wonder why. Sure, a great bikini is good for a tan, but there is something about a well done one-piece that brings such an added layer of class, and fashion to the beach, that I think I might be almost fully converted to solely a one-piece wearer.

 I currently own one, that I bought post baby, and I have to tell you, I absolutely love wearing it. It is so nice to be able to sit in the sand digging holes, without having to look down to see my skin hanging all around (those of you who have had kids know exactly what I'm talking about.) In addition, I'm pretty sure nothing looks better than a printed one-piece, pared with a chambray shirt, and a straw hat. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the one-piece just might be the new bikini. Gasp. Sure, I will still hang on to my teeny bikinis for those trips away with my husband where all I have to do is lay around all day (heaven) but I think any new additions to my beach wardrobe will definitely be of the full coverage variety.  

There are some great sales out there on suits right now, so I picked out a few that I currently have my eye on. #5, I'm talking directly to you!

source

source

source

source

source

source

source

source
What do you all think? Is a one piece a do or a don't? I'm pretty sure anything that lets me have that extra margarita and is still slimming, is always... always... a do. 

2 comments :

Carroll said...

Great post and very timely! I've even thinking about making the switch. Baby #2 is harder to recover from in the belly area! I'm a die hard bikini girl but I think you've given me the push I needed to try on some one pieces.

the 1970s diet said...

Hi, we go to France and the one piece rarely makes and outing and that includes all shapes and sizes - I'm size 16 and felt at home wearing a bikini (ok big bra and knickers that go in the water) as no one else wears a one piece and even better no one cares what you look like!