It's a Wrap.

Thursday, July 18, 2013




 ... and we made it! 

30 days, in the middle of nowhere, together. At end of last year's trip we felt like we were simply surviving, whereas this year we are actually thriving. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the kids being older, but this will most definitely go down as our best family trip, ever. The other night my husband and I were talking about childhood memories, and we realized that most of them came from vacations that we took with our parents. To that end, I hope the kids remember roasting marshmallows over the oven, family surf sessions, countless hours spent making sand holes, chasing lizards and crabs and monkeys, oh my! Walking through the jungle to breakfast, running in the pouring rain, sleeping on bunk beds, late night Bob Marley dance parties, and laughing... a lot. Heck, even if they don't, I suppose that I can just bombard them with the 10,000 pictures I took ;)

Tomorrow begins our two day trek home, see you Monday!