Weekend Links.

Friday, August 2, 2013



... and it's Friday. I'm not quite sure where the week went, but for some reason I'm happy this one is over. I wish I could just remember what we did each day! Is it just me, or does it seem like Summer is flying by? If only Winter could pass at such a warp speed, right? We don't have much going on this weekend (which is awesome, if you ask me.) The boys are getting haircuts tomorrow morning, both afraid I'm going to take away their long manes. Of course, I would never do that, but it would be nice to see their little eyes every now and then. Besides that, we will be hitting up some parks, and skating, followed by a family dinner at our favorite place in town. On Sunday, the LM has his first play date with a friend from his new school, and he is a little excited/ nervous. It's actually pretty sweet. 

I hope you all have a great one. I'll be back on Monday! Here are a few links from around the web to get your weekend started off right!

It's hot again, which means one thing; Popsicles. I made these this week and they were as awesome as they were easy. Lucky for me, my kids don't like banana, which just meant more for mom. ;)

The secrets to the J.Crew bun. C'mon, you know we've all tried to replicate that at one point or another. 

My husband is always talking about moving us to San Francisco. This is a very good reason to stay put.    Woah. Well, that and the fact that I freaking love it here. 

This is most definitely coming with me on my next surf trip. Cute + warm = awesome. 

A few months back, my friend Anne asked me my thoughts on Birkenstock. I immediately said no. She then sent me this, and I thought maybe, but after seeing them on someone at the gym I'm back to No. What do you all think? Are they back? I'm going to have to give this one some more thought next summer. 

I am beyond obsessed with this series from Cup of Jo. I have probably read each one 10 times, and I hope it never stops. It is so fascinating to get this glimpse from around the world. 


I bought two of these for our hallway. I can't decide who thinks they are cooler... the kids, dad, or me. This is what it feels like when worlds collide!

Is this really what people without kids do all day? Sign me up! All kidding aside, I'm glad there is some conversation going on about validating a couple's choice to remain childfree. It is definitely not for everyone!

It's another year, and the mirrored oxford is still haunting me. So chic!

#iamsoguiltyofnumberthree #someoneshouldtakemypoundkeyaway

Hands down my favorite board on Pinterest. She changes it weekly!


Finally, this room took my breath away. My kids would destroy it in about 10 seconds, but damn it is perfect. 

2 comments :

Lou said...

Hello! A thought-provoking few links here :-) lovely for a Saturday morning with my coffee. On the Birkenstocks - I have been a disciple before, there was definitely a whole 2005 phase with them, but I can't quite go back to it now. I am a havianas girl. Those silver brogues - love love love. Tempted! The hashtag extravaganza - not sure what to make of that but for sure they feature in our house with a 12 year old instagram obsessed daughter! I had thoughts on your tattoo post too - but I will email those comments! Far too much to write in a comment! Good to see you blogging again after your holiday - I always like to see what's on your mind - so varied!! Take care, L x

Anonymous said...

http://www.zalando.de/birkenstock-gizeh-zehentrenner-orange-lack-bi111b00y-205.html

hi, enjoy very much reading on your thoughts onces in a while!@Birkenstock:
A friend of mine has been sporting these (http://www.zalando.de/birkenstock-gizeh-zehentrenner-orange-lack-bi111b00y-205.html) for the last couple of years on every surfing or summer outing. I don't like them for myself as would always feel like walking on snow shoes or astronaut boots but love'em on her, she is the super cute skinny but curvious type, we all `d love to be, so doesn`t have to worry about appearing unsexy in these;b...think would work for you, tooxg