It's a Wrap.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Well kids, that's a wrap. 2013 has almost come and gone, and I have to say I don't have any strong feelings one way or another about this year coming to a close. This year was probably the best that we've ever had as a family, but I have a feeling things are only going to get better as the boys keep getting older, so really I'm just excited for what is coming next. I spent the year surrounded by my family and friends, and while there were definite ups and downs, I can look back at the last 365 days with nothing but fond memories.

 I'm not a big resolution kind of girl, I find you usually forget what your resolution was sometime in the middle of January, so instead I try to document a few goals for the year ahead. There will be nothing groundbreaking here, but this year I'd like to write more, run more, and yell less. I'd like to spend more quality time with my boys, and more time by myself. I'd like to talk to my friends more, and in a dream world see them every day. I'd like to be less harsh on myself, while continuing to grow as a person. I'd like to buy less, and appreciate what I already have more. I want to spend more time in the real world, and less time in my virtual one. I plan on reading more books and less blogs, and ultimately decide once and for all what I would like to do with mine. I want to sign up for more things at my kid's schools, but I also want to be careful not to over commit. I'd love to learn how to take more beautiful pictures, and cook better meals. I want to focus on getting strong,  and not care about what that looks like for my body. I'd like to stop obsessing over my hair (but I'm pretty sure that is never going to happen). I'd like to find a way to give back more, and lead by example for my children. I want to spend more time as a family of four, and more time alone with my husband. Oh, and I'd really like to sleep more… there's always that!

Whew, have you got all that. I suppose I'll start to tackle that long (never changing, never ending list tomorrow). For now, I'm just going to remember the year that was, with my husband and a bottle of wine. There is a lego set to finish, and lobsters to be cooked. 2013 was a great year, and I plan on sending her out with a bang.

For those of you who are interested, here is a little look back on our year that was. 



Happy 2014, my friends! I look forward to spending another year with you all!

1 comment :

Lou said...

Happy new year! I liked what you wrote here - as ever a summary of how life is vs how it should be and how you bridge the gap inbetween! It was around this time of year that I first started reading your blog - and that was, can you imagine - four yeras ago! Hah. So it's nice that we are here, both blogging and pinning and instagramming to our heart's content! Lou x