The LOOK for NYE (and do people even go out any more?)

Monday, December 30, 2013

 In my 34 years on this earth, I have been to 1… yes, 1!!! New Year's Eve party. Kind of like Valentine's Day, I'm just one of those people who don't really get it. The long lines, the ridiculous cover charges, and limited menus are such a turn off for me, not to mention the champagne hangovers, inability to get a taxi, and drunk drivers. Just the idea of it makes me sleepy. That being said, I know there are people who absolutely love NYE and I'm not going to lie, I love the idea of getting dressed up for the big event. Like Halloween, it seems that Dec 31 is one of those days where you can really go for it in the style department. Sequins, false eyelashes, sky high heels… really there are no rules. If I were to be going out tomorrow night, I would love to wear something menswear inspired, like a deconstructed tuxedo. Party dresses aren't really my thing, so I'd take a cue from these ladies, and show everyone who's boss. 







Let's be honest, the truth is that I'd get all dressed up, take a few pictures, and then put my sweats back on, and binge watch a few more episodes of Masters of Sex with my husband (we're obsessed) but in my mind I'd be showing everyone who is boss ;). Here's a little outfit inspiration for those of you who have yet to find the perfect look for the big night! 


clockwise from top left
1/2/3/4/5


Black tie, not optional.

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Love the clothes! What a great idea. Unfortunately, I, like you, do not go out on NYE, but I might let my kids attempt to stay up for the big smooch at midnight. (Any excuse to force them to allow me to kiss them is good for me - I tried mistletoe at Christmas with very little success.) My real question is: Masters of Sex???? Is this on Netflix??? I just finished binge watching some other shows and need a new Netflix fix!