Weekend Links.

Friday, January 17, 2014


Happy Friday! How was your week? Despite my poor husband being sick since last weekend, I actually managed to have a great one (and kept us all out of the house, and germ free!) The weather has been fantastic, and I spent a good portion of the week finally getting some much needed girl time, or as it's called around here "the babysitter is back from Winter break!" All week I have been able to spend some long overdue time with my best friend, and even sneaked in a dinner with my sister. These are things that make me very, very happy. This weekend is pretty action packed for the LM and I. Tomorrow we will be skateboarding, and then Sunday skiing. The kid is obsessed, I actually had to drag him off the mountain at 7:30pm on Wednesday... I swear he would have gone all night! Whatever your plans, I hope you have a great long weekend. Here are a few fun links from around the web to kick it off a little early! See you next week. 

The 8 self limiting behaviors successful people avoid.

I give in... the Birkenstock IS back. (One point goes to my good friend Anne!) You can't argue after seeing these gorgeous ladies!

My bestie is taking her 4 (!!!) kiddos to the beach for a week! This is a must have for their new baby! I really wish I would have had this a few years back!

A printer that can put your face in your coffee foam. Seriously!!!

Awesome shoes!

Okay, David Beckham is insane!

Great bags for the grocery, beach, diaper bag... you name it!

This salad looks so good. I'm absolutely making it this weekend!

This had me rolling on the floor!

All week it's been, Golden Globes this, dresses that, and all I can think is Jared F'king LETO! Gah!!!! That man did not disappoint! What are the chances I can get me husband to grow his hair out?!?!

My number one Summer lust item....

... followed very closely by these beauties.

Finally, I cannot even begin to explain how heavy my heart is after hearing the news about the sudden closing of Isis Parenting. While I haven't been there in over a year, I feel that I owe them so much, and I can say with absolute certainty that I would not have made it through the first year of the LM's life had I not found their classes. The minute you walk through those doors, new baby in hand, you felt like you were finally given the instruction booklet that the hospital forgot to send home with you. I met my two best friends in one of my first classes, and for that I will be forever grateful. I wish we all knew that the business was flailing, I just can't believe that the community wouldn't have kicked in, and tried to stop this from happening. My heart breaks for all those new mothers who will never be given the same opportunity that I had, and I hope that their teachings, and legacy will live on, even if it is back in someone's basement just like where it all began. This is a hugs loss for Boston, one that will be felt for a long time to come.

(Photo credit: Here)

No comments :