Weekend Links.

Friday, June 27, 2014


(men on a mission)

 Hola! I know, I know, it's been an eternity since I posted.  Between school getting out, packing, and traveling, there just really hasn't been any time!  The boys and I arrived in Costa Rica late on Monday night, and so far this has been our best trip yet.  Like, exponentially better.  The plane ride, the acclimating, the allowing everyone to have a semblance of a vacation, all of it has been more than ideal.  This has everything to do with the boys being older and nothing to do with anything that we've changed (although a second iPad and some legos have been a godsend.)  I have to say, traveling with a 3 and 7 year old really is so much better than what we've ever experienced, we are almost giddy at what the next few years will hold!  Since we've been down here, I've really been trying to force myself to unplug.  We've been keeping our phones locked away in the safe, and I've only been hopping on my computer once a day. This forced digital diet has been so good for the soul, and besides the time with this kids, I've already finished two books and taken more than my share of naps. Um, heaven. 

I swear I won't be neglecting this blog completely, and will try to find my way back here when the time, and mood strike.  Until then, I wish you all a fabulous weekend, and a great start to Summer.  I can't even believe it's finally here!

Here are a few fun links from around the web that caught my eye. AKA proof that you can never really unplug ;)!  Happy Friday!

Because #likeagirl SHOULD be a compliment.

proof: Check out these 6 year old girls, killing it!

5 reasons why you should move to a city immediately.

I've been debating leaving Facebook, this beautifully written piece sums up why, perfectly.

Naive doesn't even begin to cut it one this one.

Turns out that babysitting may be as good for your parents as it is for you. When is our next trip? ;)

I LOVE this ocean print.

College Freshmen, before and after. I'd definitely be the one who got a tattoo!

NO WAY!?!? Talk about changing the way you eat breakfast. I know, it's only one extra step to actually wash the blender, but for some reason, I feel like that step makes all the difference.

Cool at 13, adrift at 23... tell your kids and make their day!

How not to be a jerk in the digital age.

Current style icon: Gabriella Wilde. That hair!!!

This bedroom is perfection. That pillow is to die. On the same note, I'm loving this one for our future guest room!

How Boston women are working their side hustle.

This soup looks incredible, and perfect for a warm Summer night.

I'm coveting this bag for Fall. Love the navy!

Finally, In my spare time down here, I've been following the drama surrounding #courtneybabyccinokids and the deleting of her instagram for posting her young daughter's belly button. It seems crazy to me, and I too would be devastated if years of my kid's pictures were taken from me. I'm sure this is only the beginning of this saga, and I imagine that many more like this will follow.

No comments :