Affordable Brass Lighting- A Roundup.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

 Brass is most definitely having a moment right now, and I feel like there is no better way to incorporate this look in your home, than to add a few statement lighting features.  I have to say, I do question if one day this look will scream "so 2014" so for me, finding some pieces that are more budget friendly is a must.  I feel like I've been scouring the internet for at least a year or two now, with no luck, and then suddenly every big box store was featuring some pretty killer options, at some very wallet friendly prices.  Right now, I am in the final stages of adding some lighting in our home (will definitely share the afters) and since sharing is caring, I figured I'd share with you a few of my favorites. 



Sconces

As far as sconces go, I am absolutely in love with this first one.  The shop one forty three pretty much kills everything in my book, and next week, we have some sconces that are similar to these going up in our bedroom.  The bottom would be great in a bathroom, or mounted on some built-ins. 

source

source


Ceiling Mount

Last year I went through and changed out what I like to call the "boobie" fixtures that our developer picked for our home (you know the ones that actually look like a boob, that are stock in every new development?)  I really wish this top one was available then,  I most definitely would have scooped it up!  The bottom is something a I have my eye on for over our dining room table.  Right now I am working with them to create something a little longer and larger, and I can say the company is a dream to contact for custom work!

source

source


Table Lamp

I would absolutely welcome both of these in my home with very open arms. The first is under 50 bucks. Talk about a bang for your buck. The second brings quite a bit of glamour to a room, and would great in an office or living area.

source

source
What do you all think about brass? Trendy or amazing? I clearly fall in the later category! 

1 comment :

jaimie arnold baird said...

OMG! I was just about to drop $250 on the same brass table lamp from schoolhouse electric! thank you auntie robin for letting me save my pennies. muah! xxxx