"When school ends, what if I take the LM with me to visit my parents?"
"For how long?" I carefully inquired.
"Oh, I don't know... how about a week?"
A whole WEEK to myself??????
(pinch me, I must be dreaming)
(should I do cartwheels?)
(if I act too excited will he take it back?)
This elation lasted exactly 2 months. I swear, everyday I was singing a song. "A week to myself, no cooking, no picking up, no catering to anyone but myself..." On and on it went.
Until it hit me.
WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK?
I can't spend a week without my boys? Beyond missing them, there is no way I can fill a week. I can barely get this pregnant tush around the block, what am I going to do with myself? All my friends have kids, my life is centered around my kid, what do I do without MY KID? What about my hubby? Who will I talk to at night? Who is going to eat dinner with me, ask me about my day? Did I mention I hate sleeping alone. Forget the fact that I could go into labor at any minute.
This was a bad idea.
(cut to me racing to the phone and computer...)
Me to SIL: "What do you think about me coming to New York when the LM is at Grandma's house."
SIL: "Do you even have to ask?"
Me: "I was hoping you'd say that, because I already booked my train ticket."And with that we have our first Boy's Trip, Girl's Trip.
Of course, I was a bit hesitant about traveling this far along in my pregnancy, but as my husband reminded me, New York does have hospitals, and I will be a lot closer to him there then I would be if I stayed up here. Okay, SOLD!
To be honest I am most looking forward to seeing the city without a pounding hangover! On my last few trips I learned the hard way that NYC really is the city that never sleeps. This time, given my forced sobriety, I look forward to doing the following:
- Finally visiting the Chelsea flea markets (and finding them, does any know the cross streets?)
- Eating at all my favorites, Malatesta, Alta, and Pastis. Yum, yum, yum!
- Waddling around my favorite part of the city, the Meatpacking District.
- Drinking soda water at the Standard.
- Checking out the McQueen exhibit at the Met.
- Of course, visiting the store of the newly famous baby concierge, Mrs. Rosie Pope.
- Most of all, enjoying a gilt free relaxing vacation! Read: mani/pedi, lounging in bed, SLEEPING IN, reading the paper (the entire paper) and of course lots of Skyping with my two boys!
Even though I know we are going to have an awesome time on our two trips, I still have to admit... I am going to miss this little face!
I'm bringing my computer and plan on updating you on my adventures!
Can you all cross your fingers that this baby stays put until at least next weekend?
NYC here I (we) come!