My Favorite New Beauty Products.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

My daily beauty routine is one that pretty much never changes, consisting of my tried-and-true skincare regime, and not a whole lot more.  Honestly, most days I run out of the house with wet hair, a moisturized face, and if I'm lucky a swipe of chap stick on my lips.  After years of struggling with, and finally overcoming cystic acne, I consider this to be my dream "made up" face, so you won't really get that many complaints from me.  Of course, this doesn't mean that I don't love to play with makeup, and lately I've had a bit of a renewed social life outside of the boys, so I was in desperate need of some new products.  I've been bookmarking a few things I would read about in magazines, and yesterday my best friend and I hit up Sephora to try them out.  Sephora really is like Target, where you go in for paper towels, and 2 hours and $300 later you come out, so while I went in for eyeliner, we both left with new routine of some great new products (to us) mixing in some of the more recent finds that I've been loving for the past few months.  Now all we need is the next girl's night so we have a reason to try it all out!

Behold, my new favorite beauty products. 

Stila Liquid Eyeliner in Black
 Last week, I mentioned that I was dying to try out a thick cat eye (a la Nicole Richie) and I was told that this is the best foolproof liner.  After a tutorial, I have to say it definitely does the trick, but I would have had no idea how to master the look without a demo.  The liner itself is great, once you get the hang of it and it lasts forever without smudging. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara
 I have a hate/ hate relationship with mascara, meaning I hate wearing it, and I hate wearing it.  I was dying to get my lashes tinted in hopes of avoiding this product forever, but since I've found out that's actually illegal here (oops) I'm back on the mascara train.  This one came highly recommended by the artist at Sephora, and so far I have to admit I'm loving it.  The key seems to be the brush, which gives seriously thick lashes, without the clumps. 

Urban Decay eyeliner in Chaos
 It's Spring, which means I need to get some color in my life.  I don't wear a whole lot of it on my body, so I figured why not put a little on my face.  Colored eyeliner is a huge trend this season, and after trying on this perfect shade of blue, I can see why.  This is one thing that I plan to add to my daily routine immediately. The best part is that I actually like the look more without mascara, which for reasons I mentioned above makes me very happy.

Benefit gimmeBrow
You know those women with thick eyebrows, that are constantly complaining about how often they have to get their brows waxed?  Yes?  Well, I hate those women, because despite my best efforts I can pretty much grow hair anywhere on my body except for my eyebrows.  I feel like I have spent the last 20 years of my life trying products to make them seem fuller, and this one most definitely is the best.  You just swipe it on, and somehow it picks up those itty bitty hairs, that you can't see on their own, but make for a fuller brow when colored.  I really shouldn't ever leave the house without this; note to self. 

Benefit Big Easy Beauty Creme
This is another awesome product that my sister and I have been using for a while now.  After my battle with my skin, I'm not a huge foundation person, and I would find that some of the BB and CC cremes would make me too shiny, and too red.  This BB creme is light, and goes on liquid, but then magically changes to a perfect powder finish, that absorbs oil with no red undertones.  It goes on evenly and provides great coverage.  Oh, and it has SPF 35 in it.  I would buy stock in this if I could... it's that good. 

Neutrogena Deep Recovery Hair Mask
 Another product I've been loving, especially since I went platinum blonde, is this inexpensive hair mask.  Once a week I use this in the shower, and it really has saved my hair from all the damage I've done to it.  When I got back from Costa last month, my hair was like straw, but after 5 minutes of this on it, it was silky smooth. 

GlamGlow Youthmud Mask
Finally, who doesn't love a good mask?  Right now I'm beyond obsessed with this GlamGlow brand, and after using this I swear it feels like I've had a professional facial!  A few weeks back my girlfriend asked me if I had microdermabrasion done, but it really was just the after effect from using the mask the night before.  That's what I call a ringing endorsement!

So, there you have it... my new favorite beauty products. I don't know why I haven't tried Benefit cosmetics that much before, the brand really seems to be killing it! I would love to know if there is anything new or old that you are loving right now. Do tell!

No comments :