Weekend Links.

Saturday, April 12, 2014



Happy Saturday!!!! What are you all up to this beautiful, sunny, and WARM weekend? The kids and I are planning on spending every second of it outside, starting with an easter egg hunt in our local park today, and a skate session at an outdoor park tomorrow. After over a decade in this part of the world, I have learned that you do not mess around on the first springlike weekend of the year... you never know when you are going to get another!

I hope that whatever your plans are, you have a great one! Here are a few fun things that caught my eye this week! xo

Note to self: Buy a blue button down shirt!

An easy way to use up those rotisserie chickens.

It's almost bathing suit season! I am still a big fan of the one piece, but this suit, and this one are adorable.

I'm on the hunt for a desk for the boy's room, so the LM has a quiet place for homework. This one is leading the pack.

Also for the kids, a great journal that is made to be destroyed. This might be my new go-to birthday party gift.

A great sconce roundup. I've been looking for our bedroom, and I'm learning that the perfect one, with a reasonable budget, can be really hard to find.

Oh, and I am completely obsessed with everything in Blair Harris' portfolio. So insanely perfect, all of it.

Star Wars eggs. My boys would die!

We are at a standstill waiting on the location of my sister's wedding, so right now my only job is to go on BHLDN twice a day and make my mental shopping cart. Not a bad job, if you can get it!

This is on my weekend to-do list for the boy's bathroom. Cute!

Parents in New York are starting to really push back against standardized tests. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

Safe trek is a genius app, and would be great if you have kids who walk home alone.

My sister made these healthy(ish) cupcakes for the boys and I and they were incredible! I think I will have to make them the next time I bring a snack in to school.

Can you imagine a cameo on GIRLS?

I've decided I might be grown up enough to try a cat eye, but can't seem to find the perfect applicator. This list of 10 is a great place to start. I'll report back if I get lucky and find a fool proof liner.

Spring pasta. Yes please!

Finally, on a more serious note, I can't believe it's almost been a year since the marathon bombing. Yesterday, Gray and I were near the finish line as preparations were beginning, and the whole space felt so heavy with grief for me, I am now sure that we will be steering clear of the festivities all together. This photo series, by Runners World brought me to tears, but also makes me feel so much pride for my fellow Bostonians. There were so many people we knew, who were down there that day, and I still really feel like it could have been any of us, who just happened to stand near one of those backpacks. This week we will all be thinking of those who lost so much that day.

No comments :