It's a Jungle in Here.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

 ... and I'm back!

The boys and I arrived in the middle of the night on Monday, and I spent Tuesday running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get our life in order. Yesterday, I did something I rarely do, and I took the entire day off. Big kid in school, little one with the sitter, and mom out the door. It was so nice for all of us to get a little breathing room, and last night there was more kindness between the three of us than I've seen in weeks! It was heavenly. 

While the boys were occupied, I spent the morning with my girlfriend, and the afternoon at the nursery. For months I've been dreaming of the day that Spring would arrive, and I'd have two free hours to get some plants for our house. I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, but I knew I wanted a LOT. Lately I've been drawn to images that have an excessive amount of foliage in them, and I feel like there is no better bank for you buck, than adding plants to you home. Admittedly, I got a little carried away, but after some careful placement, I think I may have finally made my house feel like a home. Last night I had my sister and girlfriend over for dinner, and even though I was still not sure about my indoor jungle, they assured me that it was a great improvement in our space. When my husband gets home tomorrow (lucky bastard got to stay in Costa with his parents an extra week) he should feel right at home in our tropical paradise. 

Okay, enough chatter. Here is what way too many plants look like in one space. (hint I woke up this morning and decided I am in love with every single one!)


{my haul}








Yep, it's a jungle in here!!!

Plants = awesome. Go buy a ton!

3 comments :

Lauren B said...

I love your multi-color plant stands! Would you mind sharing where you got them? Thanks! :)

Janet said...

looks awesome! I love having plants in my house too. Makes it seem more friendly inside.

Robin M Anderson said...

Lauren I got them from this great discount website Dot and Bo. I want to say, maybe 2 months ago! I'm happy to finally have a spot for them!