Aerial Yoga... I'm Hooked!

Friday, March 27, 2015

 


Have any of you ever tried aerial yoga?

Yesterday, I snuck away to The Harmony for a little lunch and my first aerial yoga class and I have to say it was so much fun!  I'm dying to find a class in Boston now!

I had no idea what to expect when I walked in, and after seeing these tortuous looking devices hanging from the ceiling I was definitely feeling a little nervous.  In fact Fifty Shades of Grey was the first thing that came to mind, but once the teacher started telling us a little about the practice I was really excited to give it a go.

For the class you use the hammock, which is secured tightly the ceiling which allows you to easily get in and out of inversions. About halfway though I swear I thought we were in Cirque du Soleil!  Unlike a traditional yoga class, this was not a quiet event.  There were lots of giggles and high fives, and even though there was an Oscar winner in our group, we all just basically cracked up given how we looked after hanging upside down for 5 minutes.

The 90 minutes flew by, and at the end I was wishing we had a little more time.  I wasn't sore, per se, but I was definitely sweaty and tired.  For shavasana we wrapped ourselves up in a little cocoon while we swayed back and forth and it was so deliciously wonderful!  Now I know why babies are so hesitant to leave the womb!

I love trying new things and I will definitely be going back to this class in the summer.  The whole time all I could think is how much the LM would love the experience and next time I will make sure he joins me!

If you ever come across a class, you have to give it a try!

2 comments :

Lou said...

Sounds very cool; the Oscar winner wasn't an English actress was she?!

Jane said...

Isn't it amazing! Love your site :)