Monday Links.

Monday, March 2, 2015

 



Did you all have a nice weekend?  Mine went down as one of the best ever (no surprises there) and I can't even begin to tell you how nice it was to get away from EVERYTHING and just relax.  This time of year Martha's Vineyard was almost unrecognizable and because of the snow and lack of tourists the entire town was so quiet... it truly was heavenly.  Quiet is the exact opposite of my everyday life, which in and of itself is amazing, but then you throw in my best girl, a few bottles of wine, some exercise and meditation classes, and SLEEP (like actual uninterrupted sleep), I can't even put in to words how much more relaxed and recharged I feel.  My boys had a great time together, and knowing that I can go away and not have the world fall apart was so eye-opening for me, it has completely changed the way I look at my daily life.   As a mother, I often forget that I am part of the equation, and that I also have needs.  I feel so much more inspired to take time for myself, and to speak up when I need something after this weekend.  Constantly giving is exhausting, and my whole family recognized that I was in desperate need of a break.  I arrived home last night right before bed, and the sense of calm inside me resonated with my whole family and so far we have had the most seamless bed-time, wake-up, and out the door to school routines.  I realize it's only been one day, but you can bet I'm going to try to hold on to this zen like feeling as long as I can! 
... and now it's Monday and that means it's back to the grind.  Here are a few fun links from around the web to help us all ease into the week! xx

This pretty much best thing I've ever read.  10 mothers, one story.  Intense, raw, and so moving.  


Speaking of models here's how to look like a J.Crew fashion model.  Just look at your phone? Okay, I've perfected that one!

Ikea's new furniture can wirelessly charge your phone! What a genius idea for a desk! 

A student loan debt revolt is beginning.  Both my husband and I know A LOT about student loans.  It will be interesting how this plays out. 

Did you all see these INSANE Instagram pictures from the Oscars

This letter from a mother to her son is so incredibly beautiful.  I love how they were inspired by another story that went viral.  There is so much information shared these days, it's nice to see how something you put out there can actually change the lives of a stranger. 

Do you all remember the dating book "The Rules?" Here is one woman's account of what happened when she followed it for three months

This weekend makeover which was done on a very tight budget is really mind blowing.  You all know I took more than a few notes on this one. 

Anthropologie is killing it with their swimwear this season.  I'm especially loving this, this and this one.  One pieces for the win!

A week or two ago I tried out this vegetarian kung pao recipe and it was so, so good.  Everyone gave it rave reviews!

The blogger who made 8 million dollars and inspired a Harvard case study.  Oh, she's also gorgeous!  Very inspiring. 

Finally, the LM was in such a fun "contest" at Orchard last week and there is a great highlight reel. Look for the little guy at the 1:10 mark.  For those of you who live in the area, I can't say enough good things about this shop and I know a lot of local business have been hit hard this winter.  These guys do so much for the kids around here, and they really take the average skate shop to a whole other level.  If you love state art, accessories, clothing, etc... you have to check them out!

No comments :