A Painted Door

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

 

I've said it here a million times before (and I'm sure I will say it a million more) but without a doubt the easiest and cheapest way to transform your space is by just adding a coat of paint. In our own home I have pretty much re-painted everything, including the kitchen cabinets, ceilingsbathrooms, even the stairs, and without a doubt it what has given our space its character. I realize not everyone is brave enough to paint and entire room on a whim, and admittedly even my paint loving self started with a small accent wall in the kitchen (which subsequently was painted 4 different colors in the same week) so I get the hesitation when it comes to taking the plunge. Lately, I've been seeing quite a few images of homes that have a statement interior door painted a fun or moody color and I have to say I love the look! I'm considering doing this to our guest room door which faces the living room, and after writing this post I'm pretty sure I'm going to take the plunge using the above blue door above as inspiration! 

Here are a few other homes that absolutely nailed painted door! You have to give them major points for taking the plunge, but like I always say, it's just paint so you can always change it back!








I can't do a post on painted doors without giving a shout out to my favorite painted exterior doors of all time. I have bookmarked, pinned, and re-pinned these doors so many times for the day that we will have a front door to call our own. Until then a girl can dream. 





I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.
-Vincent Van Gogh

No comments :