Our 9 Favorite Breakfast (for dinner, or lunch, or desert) Recipes

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

SANDWICH WITH RICOTTA CHEESE, HONEY, ROSEMARY AND FIGS
The line between breakfast and dinner is one that is more often than not blurred in the Anderson household.

For breakfast I will typically eat leftover veggie pasta or lentils from the night before (always with a runny egg on top) and every couple of days when I'm pretty sure the boys will revolt if I again serve them chicken and pasta, I'll blow minds and lay down some multi-grain pancakes or whole wheat french toast with scrambled eggs on the side. If I'm home for lunch, the fist thing I will eat is the remnants of the boys' breakfast from earlier that morning and for desert I devour chia seed pudding, or a healthy muffin if I have some pre-made. Oh, and who doesn't love a Dutch Baby with a side of ice cream or frozen yogurt? Let me tell you, my kids are big fans!

Lately, I've been seeking out more "breakfast" recipes that can pull double (or triple) duty, because that means I'll have one less meal to think about that night or the next morning. Sunday nights I've found that I've been playing with some breakfast for dinner options more than usual simply because I've discovered that it is the best way to clean out the fridge at the end of the week. Eggs, check! Bread, check! Kale, check! Some pecorino cheese? You get the idea... a breakfast inspired meal seems to consist of things that are usually floating around in the back of the fridge, and these items are as healthy as any traditional dinner I would usually serve. When I come across a recipe that can be used to make multiple meals, I double the ingredients and eat it for the next day or two. It sure makes planning a lot easier, and for some reason we never seem to tire of traditional breakfast fare the same way we do with dinner entrees. 

For those of you who like to bend the rules a little, here are 9 of our favorite breakfast (for dinner, or lunch, or desert) recipes. 

BREAKFAST SALAD
CALIFORNIA- STYLE BIBIMBAP
POTATO KALE SALAD 
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND COCONUT MILK RICE
BLUEBERRY AVOCADO MUFFINS
DUTCH BABY
CINNAMON-VANILLA CHIA SEED PUDDING
POACHED EGG OVER SPINACH POLENTA WITH CRISPY MUSHROOMS & HERBS

P.S. If you want more, here are some other great recipe posts from this series.
6 favorite fish recipes
6 favorite side dishes
8 favorite kale recipes
6 favorite vegetarian pasta recipes
7 asian inspired dinners

P.P.S. My favorite way to eat eggs is with a dollop of greek yogurt on the side. It makes the egg so incredibly creamy... if you are an egg lover like me, you have to give it a try!


No comments :