Ferns Are The New Black

Thursday, April 30, 2015


I recently took on a new (and exciting!!!) project with a local family, and while looking at inspiration for a room that could double as a sunroom I came across this image and all I can say is FERNS! 

As someone who loves having a bounty of greenery in my home, I can't believe that I don't have any of these beauties in my own space. They add so much color and texture to any room, and I have to ask... are ferns the new fiddle leaf fig tree? Okay, I won't get too ahead of myself, but given the fact that they can go almost anywhere unlike a large tree I think we are going to see more and more of these popping up in homes and magazines in the near future and here are just a few reasons why. 




They look just as good in a beach house...


... as they do in a mountain hideaway. 


They are portable enough to be put just about anywhere. 



And while a ton of ferns are nice...




... just a few can also be lovely. 


Ferns instead of flowers? Hey, I don't mind if I do!

I'm thinking I could probably fit one or two of these in our own space if I went with a hanging fern, and I found this great tutorial on how to keep them healthy and alive. Just like children, that's the only thing that really matters. ;)



No comments :