Our 8 Favorite Kale Recipes.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014


Everyone knows that kale is a superfood, and that you should be eating it as much as you possibly can, so I'm always a little surprised when I talk to friends who are still a little hesitant when it comes to eating this incredible green vegetable.  Over the last few years, kale has pretty much found its way on to every menu, everywhere, and I had a good laugh yesterday when my mom texted me to let me know she was eating some on a sandwich. I was equal parts proud, and equal parts horrified that I've  become such a kale pusher.  It's just so good, and so good for you, that I just can't help myself when it comes to recipe swapping, to always bring up kale, topped with more kale.  As a family, we made the switch from basic red leaf/ green leaf lettuce about a year or two ago (right around the time my friend told me about the need to massage it before you eat it... mind-blowing!!!) and haven't looked back. I'd say we have it as a side at least 5 times a week, and without fail it is always one of the following 8 recipes. The kids aren't big fans of it yet, but I'm sill holding out hope that one day. they too will be converted. Until then... more for us!

Here are our 8 favorite tried and true kale recipes. 


















P.S. Eat your kale, don't juice it, and try to limit your consumption!!! I feel that eating it once a day as a side is probably harmless. This article is one I've shared with most my kale loving family. Yes, there can be too much of good thing.

P.P.S. If anyone is wondering what I want for my upcoming 35th birthday... this will do just fine. 


1 comment :

Christie. said...

How funny, this could not have come at a more appropriate time - we bought some kale just yesterday. I admit that I've never actually used it in our kitchen before! We are a 'fresh spinach leaves' household, but after I spotted this kale recipe on Pinterest I was feeling inspired;

http://www.thefreshexchangeblog.com/2014/02/recipe-kale-salad-tahini-garlic-dressing/