In the weeds.

Friday, February 21, 2014


 Our little family isn't doing so well right now. My husband is in the process of scheduling a serious surgery to remedy excruciating pain that he's been having for months (more on this later) and we didn't get the exact news we were hoping for this morning. To add insult to injury, Gray came down with the croup on Tuesday, followed by what may have been the stomach bug on Thursday, and the LM is covered in head to toe hives, which he keeps getting because of the cold climate. There is still snow everywhere, and getting around town is difficult, and honestly I'm ready to throw in the towel. 

It turns out someone has to hold this ship together, and as luck would have it, that someone is me. By the end of next week, I'm hoping things will be looking a lot better around here, and I can report back with good news. So not to bore you with my complaining every day,  I'm going to be on a mini hiatus from the blog, just until everyone is on the up and up... fingers crossed by the middle of next week. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My SIL is coming up tonight from NYC, so already things are looking little better. 

Positive thinking.

5 comments :

Rob and Amber said...

Eek!! Positive thoughts and prayers for you and the fam! Christian had a small bout with the stomach bug that I guess is circulating the ENTIRE country and has reached the middle of nowhere, us. Godspeed.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you seem to be holding all the boys together. I hope every feels better soon. We had a week similar to that just a bit ago and I'm glad to say we are all back in working order now (more or less) so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Again, hope everyone feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Aww hang in there! Hope you all bounce back soon and special thoughts for your husband.

Lou said...

I'm so sorry you are having a tough time; doesn't it always go that way? Things seem to come all at once. I hope you get some better news and a respite next week. Take care - eat lots of kale!! Lou x

Christie. said...

Sending lots of healing vibes your way. Hope the surgery goes as planned.