Currently

Friday, May 29, 2015

 

Another school year is quickly coming to a close, and as of next Friday both boys will officially be home for the Summer. I know I just typed that line, but honestly my head hasn't really be able to process what that will mean. I actually love having them home because it means the pace is much slower during the day, but finding ways to keep these boys busy (that doesn't involve punching one another) is often more challenging a task than I am sometimes up for. At least the LM has a few weeks of lacrosse camp before we leave for out annual Costa trip, and Gray is a pretty good sidekick so long as he knows there is ice cream somewhere along the way. I'm telling you, for a kid who spent the first two years of his life allergic to dairy, he's certainly not having any trouble making up for lost time ;).

On the personal front,  I just took on my fourth home project this morning and I can't believe that I am really doing this decorator thing, and even better is how thrilled people have been with my work! Right now I have very little infrastructure in place for help with the boys, (read none) so I'm pretty excited for what will happen in the Fall when both kiddos are in full day school. My newest project is a BIG one so I plan on spending a big chunk of the next few months focusing on that, while finishing up some earlier projects which are quickly moving along. Also, I'm not sure if you all saw on my Instagram about the piece that my favorite boutique Dress wrote about our line, but the cat is out of the bag and it's true- the next woman featured in our #BOSSLADIES series is going to be none other than RBG herself. The totes should be available for purchase in the next few weeks so keep your eyes peeled, I have a feeling she is going to sell out fast!

Other than that we are back to our old routine now that the LM is cast free. Skateboarding, followed by lacrosse, sleep and repeat. Gray is thrilled to be joining is big brother in school next year but we are all a little sad about leaving the nursery school that has been our home the last six years. With the kids they call this the "mad, sad, glad" time of year and I think that pretty much sums up my feelings perfectly.

I realized I haven't posted some family pictures in quite a while so for those of you who would like to see, here is a little of what we've been up to the past few months. 




^^^^
Ice cream for lunch... kid just can't get enough. 


^^^^
My in-laws visited for Grandparent's Day at school and they were able to get the LM to take at least one good picture. Also, how adorable is my MIL? Goals!


^^^^
I also got in on the action with a Mother's Day presentation by this guy. It was without question the highlight of my year!


^^^^
The weather has been blissfully warm and Gray has been taking full advantage of the sprinklers at the local park. 


^^^^
After the first grade play, which was actually light years better than my high school play. Kids these days! ;)


^^^^
Notice a trend? This time it's fro-yo on an outing with Dad. 


^^^^
We went skating at a local park and saw this sticker knocking our beloved town. The LM did what a true Cambridge kid should do and pulled off the sticker and stuck it on his board. Now he says he can "grind" on it which means he can basically destroy it in a cool way. Sounds about right!


^^^^
I was brave and tried out the manic panic pink! Sadly, this again only lasted a few days. I bought a few bottles on Amazon for home use and now I don't really mind the semi-permanence of it. In one day, and out the next with only 5 minutes of effort. I can handle that. 


^^^^
Only one more week of lacrosse! You can bet we will be back next year!


Finally, this little guy is almost 4!!!! I can't even believe it. Time sure flies when you are having fun!!!!!

No comments :