You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover.

Friday, July 29, 2011

The whole time I was pregnant with Baby Gray (BG) I wondered if he was going to look like his brother when he entered the world. I couldn't imagine having another baby who looked differently, and I would gaze at the LM's baby book, never considering that baby 2 could come out any other way. Even though I knew they would have similar features, when the moment came, I have to say, I wasn't prepared to have another baby that looked almost EXACTLY like the first. For both my husband and I, it was pretty shocking. Sure, there are small differences... BG's mouth is a little smaller, his hair shorter and lighter, and he looks like a peanut coming in at a 1/2 lb less. However, those things aside, I can't believe that these two look almost like identical twins. Yep, he's definitely my boy!

Take a look for yourself. LM on the left, BG on the right.




Freaky right?????

Let me tell you, as far as looks go, these kids could not be more alike. Their personalities? The ABSOLUTE opposite! The LM had quick wake and sleep cycles, he was restless, and loved to be held and stimulated. BG, well he is as chill as them come. He has 2 hour wake periods followed by 4 hour sleep cycles (even at night!) He is happy to lay anywhere, and doesn't seem to prefer anyone's arms over anything else. He never cries (unless he is getting changed) and it's crazy, but sometimes you can't even tell he is here. When it came to the LM, from day one you knew when he entered a room (this stands true today!!!!) Even their preferences are on the opposite spectrum. The LM couldn't go a minute without a binky and a swaddle, BG prefers neither. The list goes on and on.

I'm sure a lot of this has to do with the fact that this is my second time at the rodeo. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much calmer with this baby, and SO much more confident. I have no doubt that the LM picked up on my fear, the first time around, but still, it's so weird to have such an opposite experience, with a baby that looks so much the same.

I guess it's true what they say... you can't judge a book by its cover!

Almost one week now (WOW!) and I can barely remember what it was like before BG was here. It's amazing how quick you can adapt!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend. I'll be spending it snuggling with my TWO boys!

2 comments :

Shari said...

They do look so much alike! Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Heh, allmoast like twins. Incredible!