Gray + Watermelon.

Friday, June 1, 2012


Gray is getting his molars. 

I think this has been happening for the better half of May. 

This has been making him miserable. 

Which, of course, means we are all miserable. 

I would have thought that a kid who had 8 (8!!!!) teeth by 6 months would have been able to handle this a little better. 

I was wrong. 

Can a kid even have ibuprofen every day? 

The internet seems unclear.

I am at a loss...

The ONLY thing that makes this kid not scream at the top of his lungs is watermelon, and trips to the park. I think we are now on hour 30 of park time for the week, and we {he} just finished the last of a 10 lb watermelon. I kid you not. 

Now it's going to rain. 

For a week.  

We need more watermelon, and ibuprofen... and wine. Not necessarily in that order.




Teething is the official reason that I'm not having a third baby. 

(I needed to write this down so I remember this in 2 years when I'm looking back at pictures of THAT FACE!)


God help us all.

3 comments :

Shari said...

Haha. He's so cute! Get some watermelon and wine fast! Sounds like you are in NEED of it.

Unknown said...

Watermelon was the only thing that my son would/could eat when he had Hand, foot, and mouth disease. I'm pretty sure it's the main reason why he didn't get dehydrated and need to be hospitalized. That and the massive amounts of ibuprofen/tylenol he needed daily. Good luck!

Christie. said...

My little girl loved cold watermelon when she was teething, and strawberries. I'm amazed he has so many teeth at his age!! Poor little muffin, molars are the hardest, I hear (at 16 months we are yet to experience them).

Ibuprofen is perfectly safe in the recommended dosage, just check with your doctor if you're unsure. :)