Oh Suzani...

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

After I posted the pictures of our bedroom last week, I called one of my best friends in a panic, having just purchased these pillows for our bed. 



I know, I know, I said I was "done" with the room, but I just felt as though we needed just one more little pop of color to complete the look. Of course, the pink pillows meant that the orange accessories had to go (which was an easy swap for some similar gold ones in Gray's room) but even with an all white bedspread, which is what is on there now, I felt as though something was missing that would tie the whole room together. As you've seen, everything was pretty subdued, and while I am a huge fan of simplicity, I am also not one to shy away from a little wow factor. 

My question, to my all knowing friend, was how to tie the emerald and pink shams in to a room with a very neutral, clean base? 

Her answer? 

Suzani! 

Suzani? I said.

Yes, Suzani!!!!







Yes!!!!! Suzani!

First off, how is it that I have never heard of this beautiful, embroidered fabric? I know, that I have seen dozens of pictures of it on Pinterest, and I just thought all these people went to some awesome, far away place and during their travels picked up some amazing fabric, that they then incorporated in to their home! Turns out, you can get it online, and it's rather cheap, and it's amazing, and it can be used for almost any room in the home to give it more of an eclectic, bohemian vibe. Master, guest, living, kids... as a blanket, fabric for a settee, bench, pillows... you name it, it will work. I plan on using a fabric, similar to the second to last picture. I am going to use it as a quilt on the end of our bed, and I think it is exactly what the room needs to give it a little more of a layered, funky, Domino(ish) look. 

Of course, I'll have to post a picture when it's done. I purchased our piece from here, but you can get it from about 1000 different sites. 

Oh Suzani... how I cry for you!
  

No comments :