Paint, Paint, Paint! Part 2.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oh, how I wish I were a "real" photographer... because then I could have found the right light to take these pictures of the LM's room in, that would have really showcased how amazingly beautiful the blue color is (maybe then I also would have remembered to move the rodents err pets too) but this will give a general idea of HOW MUCH BETTER the room looks with a new coat of paint! I have to admit, that terrible green was a mistake from the beginning, (click here to see what I'm talking about) and proof that you should always spot test paint first, so any color would have been a welcome change. BUT, in person, this blue really is the "perfect" baby blue, and I will absolutely have the boys' room painted this color from here on out! Once Gray is a little bigger, I'm planning on putting two twin beds in here, with navy fabric covered headboards, and I'm hoping that this will be a space the two can happily share for at least the next 5-7 years.

I always say this is my favorite room in the house, and while I spend the least amount of my time in there, every time I do walk in, the whole space instantly makes me feel happy. Every inch of the room is "so" my little man, and I just love how bright everything is! I totally get the idea of sedated kids rooms, but for my wild little men, this room fits the bill perfectly! I still have to hang his map up over the chalkboard wall, but this will give you an idea of how big the transformation was, with just a change of paint!





My favorite details.






The color is Parma Gray, by Farrow and Ball. It's amazing. I cannot say enough about it. I kind of want to paint my whole house in it. I won't, of course, but don't think the thought didn't cross my mind ;)

No comments :