September 11.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013


 I'm not sure why this September 11th is more emotional for me than previous years. I'm sure it has something to do with how close we were to the Boston bombings in April, and how many of my friends were lucky enough to have left the area just minutes prior. I remember how afraid we all were that day, and the week following. How we all held on to each other a little tighter, and made sure those around us knew how much they meant to us. How the city banded together, Boston Strong. How emotional it still is to pass they spot where so many lives were forever changed. How many acts of heroism are emblazoned in our collective memories. 

What happened in my city, pales in comparison to what happened 12 years ago in New York, and I guess for the first time, I have a small window in to what it felt like to be in a city that was under attack. So many lives were changed that day, and I just have a hard time believing that it happened 12 years ago. Kids who are now in college won't even remember that tragic day, yet for most of us, it seems like it was just yesterday. 

For me, days like this it seems hard to think or write about anything else. Hug your kids, your partners, and tell those around you what they mean to you. There are no guarantees in this life, all we can do is try make the most of it.

 I will never forget.

Peace to you all. 

No comments :