The New Monogram.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

 I feel like there are two kinds of people in this world; those who monogram, and those who don't. 
Have you ever noticed that those who "do" really do? You know who you are, as your reading this on your phone with your monogrammed case, that coordinates with your monogrammed iPad cover, while leaning back on your monogrammed pillows. 

Listen, I'm not hating at all, I have friends who would probably monogram their kids if they could, and I love them all the more for it. As far as monogramming goes, it has just never really been my thing. Always, when given the choice, I either spell out the whole name, or leave it blank. I always get so confused with the dozen or so graphic choices, and then the thread color, placement, and to be honest I'm never sure what letter goes where, and depending on the website I know I'm bound to screw it up. Also, those big capital letters saying there are no returns once the item is personalized is typically the clincher for me. 

I think my non-monograming ways are about to change now that I've been seeing the "new" monogram, with its simple lettering and easy placement. I have to say the modern touch it adds really has me intrigued. The bonus, of course, is that it is really hard to mess it up, and that too is right up my alley. 

Here is a little of what I'm talking about. 

source
source

source

source

source

For a pretty non traditional girl, I have to say I'm loving this modern update! So much so, that when purchasing a new tray for our ottoman, I decided to get a little wild and chose this monogram for it. I know, I know, living on the edge ;)

What do you all think? Are you a fan of the new monogram, or will you stay true to the more traditional form? I think I might be changing my personalization ways. Who knows, maybe soon this too will be my motto. 



1 comment :

Flora Fascinata said...

Good Lord, I thought I'd never share this, but friend had the LV monogrammed and then separated 2 months later. Included husband's initial. Now divorced. :S!! Xx