Weekend Links.

Friday, September 13, 2013


Hello there Friday! Man, these school days seem to be flying by. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but either way I sure am happy to see the weekend is here! Other than a "skate date" tomorrow night, we have very few plans, and the thing I am most looking forward to is not driving! I swear, this new commuting has me traumatized! I told the boys that we can do pretty much whatever they want so long as we can bike there, or take the T. The big guy is still thinking of what he wants to do, but I can assure you we will be spending our fair share of time in the beautiful end of summer weather. Sunday, my sister is coming for a sleepover and takeout and I'm beyond excited to get in some much needed girl time!

I hope you all have something fun planned! Here are a few links from around the web that caught my eye this week. Enjoy!

We all know I have a bit of an unhealthy Nirvana obsession, but for some reason I just HAD to hear this version of this song the other day. I swear I can't breathe through the last 30 seconds. What a legend, he left way to soon.

Last night, after a second glass of wine, I almost pulled a Lena Dunham and cut my own bangs after becoming obsessed with this haircut. I woke up this morning VERY happy that I showed some restraint, but I'm still very intrigued. What is it with Fall and the desire for bangs? I swear I go through this every year!

J. Crew's 2014 Spring collection is pretty much perfection. The California girl in me very much approves! Those white bermuda shorts have my name all over them!

I think I am the only one not watching this series? We are waiting for a few of our favs to finish up (Breaking Bad, Dexter) but then I am forcing my husband to watch!

I am loving pale gray nails for Fall. So much so that I shellaced mine in this color to keep from gnawing on them during my daily traffic meltdowns.

I just got this for the boys' bathroom. So stinking cute (no pun intended :))

Speaking of the boys' room. I think next year they will need a desk in there for homework time, and I am thinking a mid-century style with a ghost chair is the way to go. This is exactly the look I want but I'm thinking this desk.

We recently redid our dining room chairs with french ticking, but after seeing this post I am OBSESSED with recovering them in peacock blue leather. Next time around I will absolutely be stealing this idea!

Linda Rodin is my newest style icon. Right up their with Jenna Lyons. I now know what I want to be when I grow up... her!!!!

This bathroom is insane! If we ever renovate a house, I would love love love to do something like this!

What a great bar cart on the cheap. Just like those girls say, target does it again... and again... and again.

I am totally making these for breakfast this weekend. Fall is creeping in.

Do you think my neighbors would be okay with this in front of our door? Do I even care? I kind of want to get this for my husband for his birthday. Is that weird?

Finally, I would really like to blow the LM's mind and make this for him for Christmas. Dear Lego, please please please start making some alternative sports legos! My little dudes will be the first to snatch them up!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! See you Monday!

1 comment :

Rob and Amber said...

Can I just say that YOUR weekend links are always my favorite??!

Bangs. Such a love/hate relationship. Right now I'm in the "hate" stage because they're too long, but I don't really want to cut them myself.. and would kind of like them to grow out instantly, but THANKS to your fringe inspiration, want to cut them again. So, thanks for that. ;)

Have a great weekend:)