Camouflaging the Television.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

 Lately, I've been feeling pretty settled in our home. Sure, there are a few more projects on my to-do list, and I have yet to move the boys in together, but generally I am happy with what we have going on, and everything that's left is pretty planned out. That being said, there is something that has been driving me a little batty in our living room, which just so happens to be one of the most debated issues in most living rooms; what to do with the TV. When we first moved in to our place, we had it mounted on the wall and basically called it a day. Six years later, nothing has changed, and I still cringe every time I see that big black box sitting alone on the wall. For years, I've considered turning it into a gallery wall, which seems to be the best way to avert the eye, but the space really isn't big enough, and I'm afraid it would just add clutter. 

Yesterday, I was looking for a wallpaper sample and it hit me. What if I did a black or navy wallpaper, just on the wall behind the TV? Yes, it would still be there, but it would be such a great way to camouflage it. I've got a few calls in for quotes, and I still have to fully convince my husband, but don't you all think that would be such an easy fix? 

Of course, the question then becomes what wallpaper? My first choice is unequivocally this Deyrolle inspired print. I think it would look amazing in our living room, and it is so insanely beautiful, I swear I will walk away and call it a day after it goes up. 


I love that it looks like a gallery wall, and the boys wouldn't be able to get enough with all those animals. The problem is that I can't really figure out where to get it (the manufacturer is in France and hasn't gotten back to me)  and I am pretty sure it isn't going to be cheap. As a back up, I think that this paper by Anthropology would be equally as awesome. 


The books would be cool, and it would definitely help to hide the TV. I've been dying to wallpaper a room in our house, and this wall seems like the perfect place to start. I'm not really sure why I didn't think about this earlier!

Speaking of wallpaper, a few months ago, I decided to forgo it in the guest room and instead set my sights on two Carter Kustera portraits of the boys. Well, today those prints are available on Gilt city for half the price AND an additional 25% off with the code 25 Turkey! You can bet I scooped those right up! I feel like these make the perfect Christmas gift (it's a good thing my kids can't read this) and if you were thinking of these, this is a great deal! (Thanks Melissa for the tip!)

What do you you all do with the TV? Do you try to disguise it at all, or just let it be? I'd love to know!

No comments :