My Little Sister Got Married

Monday, July 27, 2015


I know, I said I'd be posting while in NYC but after an unexpected delay on our flight back, and a marathon four days, I have to admit I was a little relieved to find that in my haste I had forgotten my laptop back home. I'm now back in Boston, and I'm so excited to share with you all a few pictures from my sister's wedding. The incredible husband and wife team that my sister hired to shoot the day are still working on the professional pictures (which you know I will be sharing as soon as I get my hands on them... in multiple posts) but for now I couldn't be happier to show you some shots from the night that can be summed up in one word; magical. 

The whole day, from beginning to end was more than I could have ever dreamed of, and while there were times that I definitely questioned what on earth I was thinking planning a wedding on top of everything else we had going on, I could not have been more proud of how the event turned out. It was truly the best gift I could give to my little sister, and when I looked around at people laughing, dancing, and drinking the night away, I knew that we had truly succeeded in our goal of making the perfect evening. From the music, to the food, and even the weather (which thankfully decided to cooperate at the last minute) the night was so special and I know it's one that everyone who was there will remember forever. 

Here are a few pictures from the night that was.

^^^
The beautiful bride (who wore blush!) and groom. I tried to hint that she might be going the non-traditional route in this post, and in the end I'm so happy she did. She truly glowed the entire evening.

 ^^^
The four ring bearers who stole the show when they came down after the bride. There was some confusion because they missed the rehearsal due to the late flight, but their entry added the right amount of laughter to the ceremony. Gray was supposed to help pull the wagon, but in the end thought it would be more fun to ride IN the wagon. 

 ^^^
One of my favorite pictures ever, this pretty much sums up how we all spent the low key evening; barefoot and happy. 

 ^^^
Oh yes! There was dancing. The owner of the estate surprised the crowd with some reggae themed wigs after the toasts, and they definitely were the hit of the party. (Oh, and see that crazy lady running in the background? That's what it looks like when you have one to many roles to play. Don't worry, after about 20 minutes the wedding pretty much ran itself and I too go to have a little fun. Err a LOT of fun... see below).

 ^^^
My dad and my sister. Heart melted. 

^^^
Melting again.

^^^
A sneak peek of the INCREDIBLE flowers which absolutely took my breath away and actually made me cry. The florist, Christina from The Vintage Garden exceeded our expectations (and then some!!!) You know I'll be doing a full post (or two!) on these beauties.

^^^
A few of the details. Remember when I was in such a panic over the linens? Well, they were absolutely perfect and I can't wait to show you the final result. These little matchbooks were considered the "favors" of the night, and came in handy for the sparkler sendoff. 

^^^
A peek of the cake that the Groom's cousin made for the couple. It was as delicious as it was beautiful.

^^^
My awesome Dad, who didn't even blink when I handed him a few boxes of magic erasers and lovingly asked that he remove all the black scuffs from the chairs. The other hero of the day was my sister-in-law Emma, who not only helped set up the entire venue but also helped me to keep my cool when the rental company kept bringing the wrong color tablecloths. She saved the day, and we absolutely couldn't have done it without her. 

 ^^^
My amazing hairdresser and long time friend Vincent, who was responsible for all our beautiful hair and makeup. Clearly, we all let loose after a long day of primping.

^^^
My best friend and I stealing a moment away. It's thanks to her that I have these pictures to share! It's also thanks to her that my stomach hurt all night long from laughing so hard :).

^^^
Taking a minute to soak it all up. 


A friend of my sister put together this beautiful video of the evening, if you'd like to see. There is a longer version coming but this absolutely encapsulates the beauty that was July 18, 2015. Truly, a night to remember.

Congratulations Adam and Holly!!!



No comments :