My Sister's Wedding: The Invitations

Wednesday, July 1, 2015


I can't believe it, but this is my last post on my sister's wedding before the big day. It seemed like only yesterday I wrote about our inspiration for the affair, and now here we are over a year later with everything decided, down to the the littlest detail. It feels so good to know that we don't have to really think about anything wedding related, but I can already tell that I'm going to miss obsessing over all the pieces that are going into the big event... mostly because those discussions were done on the weekend, and usually while having one too many cocktails with my sister. Okay, the truth is I'm not going to miss the planning as much as the time I got to spend with my sis, but I'm sure I can still convince her to come visit me every once in a while ;)


We worked with Julie from Posh + Prep on the invitations, and really I can't say enough about how awesome the experience was. From the beginning she completely understood our "vision" and the end result was exactly what we both had in mind.* Rustic, romantic and fun. When we started the process, the three of us pinned inspiration images and you can see below a little of what we had in mind.







Here is what Julie came up with!




Aren't they beautiful?

We wanted a simple invitation that brought in the colors blush and gold which is exactly what we got. From the beginning we knew we wanted a kraft paper envelope, and Julie had the idea to do the little die-cut "H --> A" in kraft as well. The blush paper is thick, and slightly textured, and the whole thing is brought together with the creme and gold thread that was found on etsy. The wording was all Julie, and it really adds the whimsy we were looking for. Initially we wanted to do gold lettering on the envelopes, but when Julie showed us how beautiful it was with the blush hand calligraphy, we were sold!

Almost everyone who received one called to tell us how beautiful they thought they were, and I think they set the tone of the wedding perfectly. This was the last piece in the puzzle, and now all we have left is to celebrate the bride and groom on their big day.

I'll be sure to do a few posts when we get the professional pictures back from the photographer, but if you'd like to see what we have planned, here are a few more posts on what the wedding will look like.

The cake
The venue
The linens
The bridesmaid dresses
The flowers
The save the date

With that, all that's left to do is write my toast! No pressure there, right?

*and the groom too, as much as a groom can get excited about invitations

No comments :