My Sister's Wedding: The Linens Part 2

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Remember back when I was at a loss regarding what to do for the linens for my sister's July wedding? If not, you can read the full post here but the short version is that we had learned the hard way that 1) linens are expensive, and 2) what we were envisioning wasn't really out there in the rental market. After I posted about our dilemma one of my readers commented that she would be up for the challenge and I'm happy to report that we finally have a plan for the linens! (Reason 1,000,000 why I love this blog!)

A few weeks ago we touched base, and at the time I was debating runners vs full tablecloths. There were pros and cons to both. The pro of the runner was that it would use less fabric (read: be less expensive) but the con was that we were dealing with smaller circular tablecloths and I was having a hard time envisioning if in the end we would be getting the effect we were looking for. The pro of the full tablecloth would be that result would be exactly what we were looking for, but con was that we would need a TON of fabric, and it would be impossible to do the whole table without a seam in the middle. I was torn between the two and was really hoping that Susan would have another idea. Well, the stars aligned and after talking it through she suggested that maybe we should do a square tablecloth on the round tables. After a quick google search to see what this would look like I was sold!


Susan mentioned that because the fabric was a little stiff, it might be good to tie something to the corners and when the idea of tassels came up I pretty much lost my mind (in an incredibly good way!) After a little back and forth we had our plan and we tracked down these affordable tassels from etsy!  I wanted to bring some mint into the wedding after picking up some of these lanterns to use as decor and we figured the tassels were the perfect way to do this! My sister had ordered some cocktail napkins with gold in them, so I knew I wanted to incorporate that as well.

Up until yesterday this whole thing was just a vision in our head, so imagine my delight when I received these pictures via text last night.



Never did I think that I would get so excited about a piece of fabric and a tassel but just getting a sneak peak of the final product is so exciting and I am more confident than ever that we absolutely went the right direction by having these custom made. The icing on the cake is that all in, this custom job is actually going to be $200-$250 cheaper than it would have been for the rentals! The caterer is providing the white tablecloths to go under our custom ones (for free) and I think they will look great with our bright fabric choice. 

This just goes to show that when you can't find what your really want, a little help and a lot of creativity can go a long way!

2 comments :

Revival said...

Stop it! Those tassels are everything. Love your vision!

Tracy A. said...

Could you sometime post pictures from your wedding day? I know you've said it was very low-key and just the two of you (which I think is uber romantic). Of course, I'm dying to see your dress!