A Hint of Mint

Tuesday, June 30, 2015


Ever since I painted our upstairs bedroom mint, I just can't get the color out of my head. I recently worked on a mint and fuchsia room for a little girl and I'm telling you, I think mint has become my go-to color for any space that calls for a little fun.

Right now I'm dying to do a beach house, pairing mint with crisp whites and navy accents. Even better, I'd throw in a little wood for a clean palate like the one pictured above, which uses mint for just the right muted pop of color. While mint compliments oranges and pink well, mint can be completely elevated when used as an accent with black or white. Add in a touch of gold, and well, you had me at hello! There is nothing more that I love than the idea of a mint front door, but I'm starting to think that in our next house I might want to consider trimming out the common areas in mint as well. A little crazy yes, but also so much fun!


For me the key when working with mint is not to have to much. Like any pastel, unless you are going for a West Palm Beach vibe or living in a Wes Anderson movie, mint is best when used in small doses. Whether it's a chair, a throw or an appliance, adding a little mint to any space will instantly give it the right amount of whimsy and is sure to bring a little fun into any room in the house. This is why right now, I'm absolutely craving a hint of mint in my life.










Get The Look
refrigerator // bedding // barstool // bookshelf // dining chair // oven 

drapery // pendant light // dresser // desk // linen chair

My go-to mint color, Ben Moore Irish Mint. (for something less minty consider Ben Moore Pearl Gray which is a light gray that has a mint undertone)



No comments :