Found: The Perfect Drink For Summer!

Thursday, June 4, 2015



The other night I went to a "girl's night in" with a few of the 1st grade moms to celebrate the end of the year and along with the sushi and wine which was flowing aplenty, one of the other mothers made a cocktail that was pretty much the best thing I've ever tasted. Strike that, it was the best thing I've ever tasted and I haven't stopped thinking about it since!


It was sweet without being sugary, refreshing, and she made them in the blender which made it have a slushy effect which had all us declaring that we had found the perfect drink for summer! That was two days ago, and I'm already tracking down all the ingredients to start making them at home. Other than my signature drink, which is a vodka soda with a splash of grapefruit, I am pretty much a beer and wine girl, but after drinking more than my share of these the other night I think I may be changing my tune.

For those of you gearing up for summer barbecues and pool parties, this is absolutely the perfect drink to serve to guests. Just make sure you plan on extra cocktails... one of these is no where near enough!

Basil Lime Sipper

Ingredients (serves 1)

3 fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup crushed ice
4 tablespoons pear nectar
3 tablespoons pear-flavored vodka
3 tablespoons lemon-lime soft drink (she used this and it was delicious!)
Garnish: fresh basil sprig, pear slice (optional)

Preparation


Muddle basil leaves and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Add crushed ice, pear nectar, and pear-flavored vodka. Cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds). Pour into a glass, and top with lemon-lime soft drink. Garnish, if desired.

Recipe via All Recipies

P.S. A girl's night in might just be my new favorite thing! I like eating out as much as the next girl but to be able to spend a rainy night in sneakers and jeans surrounded by takeout and friends was SO MUCH better than heels and a crowded restaurant when out with a large group! Once the weather cools around here I'm definitely adopting this as a way to survive the winter!


No comments :