Travel Time 16 Hours and Change.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

We made it!

In case you were unsure, Hawaii is really really really far away from Boston. like get up at 5am, 6 hour trip to San Francisco, 3 hour layover, 5:30 minute flight to Maui, and 30 minute drive to the hotel far. Yeah that far. If you had asked me on the flight if it was worth all that travel I would have said absolutely NO, if you asked my last night while I was having a Mai Tai by the pool I would have said Hell Yes! 

I only had one, "oh my god I miss the little man, how could we have left him, I can't be away from him this long, oh my baby meltdown." This occurred somewhere over the Pacific and was gone far before the plane touched down. Once I received confirmation from my mother-in-law that he has been absolutely perfect I was finally able to relax.

Here are some pics of the journey so far.


My last minute attempt at packing, needless to say I brought way to much, says The Husband.


A much needed beer and burrito at the SFO airport. It was surprisingly yummy!


With that much flying time I managed to read an entire book, 4 magazines, and watch the Sex and The City Movie (aka best movie ever) on my computer. 

Did I mention yet that flying without a baby is a dream. Seriously, after 18 months of hell on planes, this trip was pretty much as close to heaven as you can get.


2 comments :

BFW (Tammy) said...

Wow... I'm impressesd! AND I feel lame... our son is 4 now and we STILL haven't been on a plane without him (at least not together). Maybe one day... until then, I am very jealous of you! :)

lunarossa said...

Well, this seems fab. Hope you're having a great time! Ciao. A.