Spring Additions.

Monday, March 15, 2010



Over the past few weeks I have received a few emails asking me what I have my eye on for Spring. Specifically, I got a few requests to "peek" inside my Spring shopping bag. I hate to disappoint, but this season I have made only a few additions to my Spring/Summer wardrobe (yes, honey you can take a deep breath.) Over the past year or two I have gone through such a major wardrobe overhaul that I feel like I still have so many pieces that are perfect for the upcoming season(s) that this year I have kept things pretty basic. That doesn't mean I'm not always on the look for a little wardrobe pick me up so over the past week I have gotten some key pieces that I think are really versatile and are still pretty on trend. So without further ado here are my spring must haves.

I'm loving the whole "utility chic" look and as you can see this is one trend that I have adopted wholeheartedly. Cargo pants that can be worn to the park then to dinner, meaning comfort + style? Yes, you had me at "Hello." I'm also lurving the nautical trend. I cannot get enough of navy and white and as you can see this is going to be my costume for the warmer months. I picked up those skinny, cropped jeans to pair pair with the über comfy striped T, topped with a navy linen scarf and awesome army jacket...yes, yes, yes! Throw in that delicious neutral dress which I plan on wearing now with tights and boots and in the Spring with a pair of gray suede wedges that I purchased at the end of last season when the temperature rises, and I must say that I minimalism looks pretty damn good right now. Not pictured is a navy "cape like" cardi made of light wool that I found at Club Monaco last week which I plan on mixing and matching between the items (yes, I may have to go to navy anonymous sooner rather than later.)

I'm still on the lookout for some fun patterned dresses as Summer nears but for now I'm more than happy with my little wardrobe update. I learned in the last few years that buying a few key "quality" pieces really is the way to go. There isn't anything in the last 2 years that I have purchased that I don't still love, and I plan on continuing to wear them (along with the newbies) season after season.

So there you have it, a true peek inside my shopping bag. What are you all wearing this Spring? I showed you mine, now you show me yours!

Clockwise from top left:
  1. Army Jacket: Calypso
  2. Shirt A.L.C: Intermix
  3. Linen Scarf: Calypso
  4. MIH Skinny Jean: Dress
  5. Marrakech Cargo Pant: Intermix
  6. Tunic, Josh Podoll: Calypso

2 comments :

TheOnlineStylist said...

Well I already showed you mine! Love that gorgeous dress and top! And I just caught up on a rerun of the new Gossip Girl so I haven't missed out. Phew! *mops brow* Loved the peek inside your shopping bag! xx

Polly said...

Going into winter here and I am so undecided about my must have's for this season. Im just doing a massive clean out of my cupboard (and hubbies too) I have bags of clothes sitting in the hall for the charity shops. Guess Ill decide one of these days, but Cargos and stripes always feature high on my list - even when noone else is sharing the love!!